Call for Tutorials
CIKM 2014 encourages submissions of tutorial proposals on all topics about information and knowledge management. Tutorials on the current topics of interests as found in the CIKM 2014 Call for Papers are especially encouraged, but tutorials on other topics are also considered.
Proposals will be considered for half-day and full-day tutorials. Tutorials should present fundamentals about a frontier topic as well as recent advances such that all participants, including new students and senior researchers, can be interested. Particularly, we encourage the consideration of new topics that have less overlapped with CIKM 2013 . Tutorials are going to be scheduled on either Nov 3, 2014 or Nov 7, 2014.
Tutorial Proposal Guideline
Tutorial proposals should be submitted in plain text or PDF, by email to Tutorial Chair, Zhi-Hua Zhou (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject: CIKM 2014 Tutorial Proposal.
If the file size of the PDF proposal is bigger than 3MB, please contact the Tutorial Chair before sending the file.
A tutorial proposal should include the following:
- Title of the tutorial
- Duration (full-day or half-day)
- 300 Words abstract (1-2 paragraphs suitable for inclusion in conference registration materials)
- Full description of the tutorial
- Prerequisite knowledge of audience
- Relevant references that would support proposal evaluation
- Tutorial history (previous offerings of tutorial, if any)
- Time Plan for tutorial materials preparation (including when the materials can be made online for participants to access)
- Short bio of the tutorial speaker(s)
- Contact information (including name, affiliation, mailing address, and e-mail address)
Important Dates for Tutorial Proposals
- May 30, 2014: Tutorial proposals deadline
- Jun 15, 2014: Notifications